TikTok could have a new owner, but nothing has been confirmed yet now that Trump announced another extension to keep the platform up for Americans.
President Trump on Friday said he would sign another executive order to delay enforcement of a law that effectively bans TikTok, amid talks about a possible deal to sell the widely popular platform. Mr.
TikTok, which had been facing a Saturday deadline for a deal, now has another 75 days to find a new owner to comply with a federal law that requires it to change its structure to resolve national security concerns. That puts the new deadline for a deal in mid-June.
President Donald Trump on Friday said he is signing an executive order to keep TikTok running in the U.S. for another 75 days to give his administration more time to broker a deal to bring the social media platform under American ownership.
If ByteDance does not divest TikTok by April 5, the app could go dark once again. President Trump has already addressed how he plans to prevent the ban.
President Trump has pushed back TikTok's ban date again, saying that his administration has made "tremendous progress" on a deal to "save TikTok."
Welcome to Tech In Depth, our daily newsletter with reporting and analysis about the business of tech from Bloomberg’s journalists around the world. Today, Kurt Wagner looks at the looming deadline — again — for a US ban-or-sale of TikTok.
Throughout this process, ByteDance – a Chinese company – has yet to comment directly on the potential of a sale to a US firm. TikTok's US leadership and its CEO, Shou Zi Chew, have publicly praised President Donald Trump for his intervention but have been mostly silent since then.
TikTok has silently begun testing a new “TikTok for Artists” insights platform, which is aimed to help artists build their careers.The Chinese-owned short-form video platform confirmed to TechCrunch on Friday,