State wide burn ban lifted
Digest more
Top News
Overview
WNCT Greenville |
“However, we are still in the midst of spring wildfire season and our recent wildfire activity, especially in Western North Carolina, is a reminder to remain vigilant about burning safely and responsi...
Yahoo |
The burn ban in Minnehaha County has been lifted after recent rain and snow.
Read more on News Digest
According to the State Forest Service, burn bans have been lifted across North Carolina. The original mandate went into effect on March 21st due to the hazardous forest fire conditions.
The North Carolina Forest Service on Wednesday lifted a burn ban for all counties as wildfire conditions improve in the western portion of the state.
ONSLOW COUNTY, N.C. (WITN) - North Carolina Forest Services lifted the burn ban Monday morning. The burn ban was put in effect on March 21st. The ban put a stop to all burning in the state. Howard Campbell says when it comes to tree debris, there are two main ways to get rid of them.
After days of Red Flag Warnings and high fire danger, recent rain and higher humidity have helped firefighters gain ground on protection and containment.
The burn ban in North Carolina is set to be lifted on Wednesday at 8 a.m. It went into effect on March 21 due to hazardous forest fire conditions. There are still several wildfires burning in North Carolina, including three in Polk County. So far, those fires have burned more than 75,000 acres.
State officials also said any person responsible for setting a fire may be liable for any expenses related to extinguishing the fire.
The North Carolina Forest Service announced they are lifting the statewide burn ban Wednesday morning. The ban was originally set in place on March 21 due to hazardous forest fire conditions. The lift will go into effect starting at 8 a.
The N.C. Forest Service has lifted a ban on all open burning effective 8 a.m. Wednesday, April 2. The statewide ban went into effect on March 21 due to hazardous forest fire conditions.
NORTH CAROLINA, USA — Officials in North Carolina will lift the statewide burn ban for all counties on Wednesday. The North Carolina Forest Service announced that the ban will be lifted at 8 a.m. on Wednesday, April 2. Officials say rain and improved weather conditions led to the decision to lift the ban.